We stopped in a little town in the middle of the mountains called Bishop still here in Cali. My dad gets gas, while my brothers and I hit McDonalds. As we approach the door we notice a man sweeping the sidewalk and part of it is blocked off. So I asked the guy (who was white) if we could get in. He said "yes you can right that way" and pointed us to the door which we now noticed said "this door open". I said to the man "thank you" and he replied "no thank you". Wow that's a first. As my brothers and I approach the door a young hispanic male opens the door and holds it for ALL of us....not just me. You never get treated with that much kindness in Los Angeles County. Even our cashier was the sweetest person ever, although I changed our order like 3 times. Why can't people be more like this on a regular basis? It took 3 1/2 hours of driving to get a thank you and a smile out of a person. That's a shame....
Still Riding,
Ms. Kindess
No comments:
Post a Comment